Featured SnippetsFeatured snippets are definitely not a new thing, but they are in a great position – coming up above all the search results makes them a popular spot for most businesses. There are various clever ways to get your site into this area:
- Ensure your content answers your users’ questions – question based content is almost a sure fire way to get into the featured snippets, especially now that more of us rely on voice search.
- Format your content to allow Google to easily snip bits of it for the featured snippet: short paragraphs, tables and graphs are popular.
- Think about the size of a snippet. It is normally quite short, so aim for your snippable content to be around 40-60 words long.
Schema MarkupSchema markup can help your site to obtain some of the SERP features. Find out more about using schema correctly here.
Sitelinks OptimisationSitelinks can take up a fair bit of space on the results page. You can encourage Google to display these sitelinks by ensuring your internal linking structure is logical. Check that your most important pages have links pointing to them from other pages of your site. This not only helps users to navigate your site, but it helps the Google bots to crawl your pages more easily! We have a couple for SEO Moves…
Videos are Surprisingly PowerfulThe content is always going to be an important part of your site, but most users still would prefer to watch a short video than read reams of text! We all know how easy it is to get sucked into a YouTube vortex… Videos are a great way to boost your dwell time (the amount of time users sit on your site) and Google happily displays videos for suitable search queries.
- Some options for adding in videos to your pages:
- Short brand videos and product demos
- Educational videos about how to use your products
- Live webinars or interviews
Update Google MyBusinessMany business owners never bother to update their MyBusiness listing, meaning just a few tweaks can quickly get you ahead of your competition. Try updating a range of different parts of the Google MyBusiness listing:
- Publish on Goole posts the same way you would on Facebook
- Add in your own questions and replies on the Q&A section
- Upload and update images and videos
- Complete all the categories – there may be some new fields if you haven’t updated your information for a long time!
- Encourage users to leave positive reviews on your Google post
Last Updated on