Many company and business owners will know, understand and often live by the rule of recognizing that in order to succeed within a strong competitive market you will need to be able to offer the best brand experience for all of your customers, both loyal and potential. During the past decade the way businesses market their brand has changed significantly with many thanks to social media platforms and also mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These new methods of browsing and buying have allowed consumers great power to choose the brand they wish to commit too. This new type of consumer can often leave business owners with the fundamental task of finding the right and best website design company or agency to deliver your company’s message to your targeted audience and potential customers in the most effective and efficient way possible. Without a properly designed website, you are unfortunately placing your company and brand at an incredibly large disadvantage if you are trying to grow your company’s brand on the world wide web when your website is compared to your competitors who may be doing it far better. There is an abundance of professional website designers, agencies and companies out there and readily available for you to choose from. Many of which understand that a clean and effective website that is well designed and laid out properly can help you grow your business and brand with ease. So before you begin to choose through the mountain of agencies out there, it is important to understand what basic things you should expect and what your designer should be doing for you.
- Design your website's physical design such as layout, colours, etc.
- Setup your websites CMS.
- Place any static web pages that you may need.
- Setup a control panel or publishing page where you can add new content/products and add your own SEO goals. WordPress is a good example of this for beginners.
- Provide you with any logins and passwords to the CMS so you can edit the website.
- Inform you of how to use the CMS if you don't understand.