The world wide web has most certainly become one of the primary reliable and widespread platforms of advertising your company, services and your products. With so many different types of companies wanting to successfully advertise online, this has unarguably caused an enormous demand for organisations that specifically deal with the maintenance and development of websites for companies around the world. However, even though there is no shortage of these web development companies that claim to offer award winning web designing services, it doesn’t mean that all of them will be as equally reliable or offer the benefits right for you. So before you jump in without second thought, we’ve put together some fail safe steps and questions that you may wish to consider when choosing the right website developer for your company. How does the website developer price their services? You are about to purchase a professional service, so a professional service is what you should get. This service should include a team of experts with each website developer able to plan, manage, design and your project from start to finish.
What is the website developer’s track record? This is a question that can be considered far more important than ‘how much will this cost?’ and it’s ‘how reliable is the company?’ It’s important to be confident with the idea that you can trust the company that is working on your website and producing only the best results for your company’s project.
- Which website developer will be working on the project and do they have any qualifications?
- How much time will this individual be spending on the project?
- Do they offer a flat project price that correlates to the detailed agreement?
- Do the costs of the project correspond with the agreed hourly rates and deliverables?
- Is there a clear procedure in place for billing any work or extra features outside the project’s initial plan?
What does operation look like as a website developer? Before committing to a long or short term relationship with a web development company, it may be worth visiting them face to face and meet the individuals who will be responsible for the management and success of your project.
- What varieties of different clients have they worked with in the past?
- What type of results have they been able to deliver to each of those clients?
- Do they have genuine figures to back up their results?
How will your website developer make sure that your project is executed properly? It’s always important of any pledge or promises that you are given are put in detailed writing.
- Is their organization fully staffed or do they rely on the help of freelancers (outsourcing)?
- Do you feel from talking with their staff members that they are trustworthy, passionate and skilled?
- Does their agreement guarantee that all coding done will be to industry standards?
- Will you be the rightful owner of the work that is produced?
- Will you have access to any work that is produced, or will there be a licensing fee?
- Will they plan your website with your own business goals in mind?