What can you do to help?Two main barriers to climb over when writing content are:
- Physical – it is much harder to read text when it is on a screen rather than on paper, in fact, we read up to 25% slower on screen due to the extra pressures on the eyes and brain!
- Behavioural – we tend to skim read, mainly noticing headings, hyperlinks and numbers as well as keywords. This is our impatient behaviour showing up!
Our Top Tips
- Write as a knowlegable source on your topic, but try not to include too much technical language – this can confuse the reader.
- Write for the reader, not for yourself! Focus on how your product or service will make their lives easier instead of simply going on about how amazing/wonderful/fabulous it is.
- Include client testimonials – it increases your credibility (especially if you are telling them how great their lives will be after purchasing your product!)
- Break up the text. Use shorter paragraphs and sentences than you might normally. Headings and sub-headings help to break up the text too. Bullet points also help…
- Begin with a summary of the main content – this is a part your reader will skim read.
- Use active verbs like “learn more”, “contact us” and “buy now”.
What Next?Well now you’ve got the tips and tricks for excellent content, why not think about upgrading your website? Contact us here at SEO Moves to find out how we can design and build a great new website for you!
Last Updated on